Maintenance Technician08/24/2023 ● Baytown, Texas ● NA
Objective / Purpose
This position will be responsible for equipment installation, structure installation and work in piping and plumbing.
Areas of Responsibility / Tasks
Represent as “owner’s representative” for plant expansion, building modifications or new building construction. Includes equipment installation and structure installation along with piping and plumbing work.
Ensure potential safety issues are identified and managed to minimize risk for our employees and/or contractors.
Finish projects with high level of attention detail including verification of Preventive Maintenance schedules.
On weekly basis, provide your supervisor a high level, simple “dashboard” summary on status of all active projects.
Other duties, as assigned by Redfish Project Engineer.
Minimum Qualifications / Education / Certifications
a. High School Diploma
b. Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant work experience in similar title and scope of responsibility – preferred
2. Skills Required:
a. Must have experience and demonstrated success for completing large capital projects
b. Must possess excellent interpersonal, people management and problem solving skills.
c. Consistently display highest levels of Code of Conduct leadership behavior.
d. Excellent written and verbal communication.
e. Detail oriented, attention to accuracy and ability to multi-task and GET A JOB DONE.
f. Ability to read/interpret complex drawings and documents such as building drawings, sewer piping, ventilation and electrical schematics/layout.
g. Proficient in Microsoft office suite Excel, Power Point, Word
h. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
i. Ability to manage time, organize, and set priorities
j. Must be able to read drawings related to Plant Layout, Plant Concept Drawings, GA Drawings, PFD, P & ID, Isometrics, Equipment list & Specifications
k. Preventative, Predictive & Breakdown maintenance, layout designing & execution
l. Experience in installation and maintenance of O&U packages like chilled water systems, air compressors.
3. Skills Preferred:
a. Plastics/Compounding extrusion equipment like single end twin-screw extruders.
b. Experience recommended working with equipment such as:
i. Gravimetric and volumetric feeders
ii. Underwater Pelletizers, Strand Pelletizers
iii. Melt filtration equipment / screen changers
iv. Hydraulics and Pneumatic conveying system
vi. Finished Goods conveying system installation
vii. Screw Conveyors/Belt Conveyors
4. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience, and therefore must be adaptable to.
1. Must be comfortable working in a shared space with/or without the use of a private office.
2. Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
3. All injuries regardless of severity must be reported to your Supervisor/HR immediately.
Physical Requirements / Demands:
1. While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to communicate verbally, read and comprehend information, type on a consistent and daily basis.
2. While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.
3. Must be able to lift 55 lbs.
4. Must be able to sit, walk, climb or kneel for long periods of time
5. Endure hot and cold temperatures