Welder 1st Shift08/17/2023 ● Kent, Ohio ● NA
Job Title: Welder $21-24 hourly plus O.T.
Duration: 90 days Temp to Hire
Location: Kent, Ohio
Shift : Days 6am-4pm M-TH 4/10 hours
Job Description :
- Operate equipment and use safe work habits.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, and/or overhead positions.
- Set and operate welding equipment; perform minor repairs to equipment as needed.
- Examine work pieces for defects and measure to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Analyze engineering drawings, blueprints, specifications, sketches, work orders, and material safety data sheets to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed to meet production schedule.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or general equivalency degree (GED) preferred.
- Ability to pass weld test required.
- Ability to pass code certification weld test preferred.
- Ability to accurately read and interpret drawings and prints.
- Ability to accurately read a tape measure, micrometers, calipers, and other measuring instruments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, kneel, climb and crawl for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to work at heights of up to 15 feet.
- Ability to wear a tight face-fitting respirator.
Normal factory environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
100% of time is spent in a factory environment with noise, dust and mechanical operations