Accountant08/02/2023 ● Houston, Texas ● NA
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Houston, Texas
Responsible for general ledger account reconciliation. Candidate will understand business processes driving accounting activity into the GL to be able to reconcile and certify accounts. Will identify risk and act as intermediary with the business to escalate and resolve aging activity. Review accounting supporting documentation to substantiate account balances.
Zions Bancorporation is currently looking for an experienced Accounting Specialist who will possess and/or be responsible for:
- Providing accounting support to major financial accounting areas, including the accounts payable desk, general ledger accounting, account reconciliation etc.
- Processing, calculating, posting, reconciling, verifying, tracking and summarizing financial data, accounts payables, accounts receivables, etc.
- Ensuring items are accurate and processed correctly.
- Developing and maintaining reports and files as required.
- Assisting internal customers with questions and research as needed.
- Working with vendors, clients and internal customer to reconcile differences.
- Providing reports and analysis for related processing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a High School diploma or equivalent and some accounting, balancing or other directly related experience.
- A combination of education and experience may meet job requirements.
- Basic knowledge of accounting and balancing principles.
- Basic knowledge of accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to prepare accounting reports.
- Must be accurate and able to meet deadlines.
- Good balancing, problem solving and reconciliation skills.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Good customer service and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).