Securities Co-op04/28/2023 ● Cincinnati, Ohio ● NA
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Monday – Friday
8am – 5pm
Possible 4 days on at Downton location and 1 day at Madisonville location
The Fifth Third Securities Co-op provides support as directed through assignments within the Fifth Third Securities line of business while receiving exposure to the broader organization. Co-ops integrate into the organization through day-to-day activities and project work. Co-ops operate as team members on larger initiatives, but also work independently on smaller projects and tasks.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
Perform assignments and projects as determined by leadership.
Utilize project management skills to manage and report on assignment and project status.
Build a network of contacts within assigned line of business or division as well as across the organization.
Effectively communicate with others, demonstrating strong verbal and written communication skills.
Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
Complete assigned coursework and participate in self-learning.
Perform any other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities
- Current enrollment (or recent completion) in accredited degreed program.
- Strong academic record with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Interest in a career in financial services
- Relevant internships and/or co-op program experience preferred.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service skills with the ability to respond to internal and/or external requests.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to multitask and be flexible.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the capacity to learn additional software applications as required by the assignment.
- Capable of managing own time to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative.