Job Title: Metering Analyst
Durtion: 12 month plus contract position
Location: Hybrid Tempe, Arizona in office 2 days
• Provide engineering services to client in a technically sound, safe, timely and cost effective manner to enable SRP to realize its goals and objectives for providing water and energy related services.
• Performs engineering design work and engineering studies.
• Performs field engineering work.
• May perform as engineering project leader.
• Administers and reviews work performed by consultants and others.
• Prepares and/or conducts written and oral reports and presentations.
• Performs analyses with knowledge of utility meter products, meter programs and resulting meter data.
• Configure and implement metering programs.
• Generally performs engineering design, field work, and analysis and critically conducts design reviews optimize systems and performance or improve energy conservation and savings. May help prepare investment cases or cost benefit analysis.
• Responsible for the operation, maintenance, performance, and health of metering systems such as the Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) systems, beyond the meter (BTM) systems, and substation metering systems.
• Provides accurate and timely documentation of engineering, quality, configuration, testing and maintenance documentation including technical diagrams and matrixes. Support the creation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), troubleshooting guides, and other internal intellectual property to support effective and repeatable process.
• Develops test strategies and test plans for hardware, firmware, application software and other integrated systems, such as beyond the metering platforms. Develops test data, performs test analysis and documents test results.
• Responsible for the engineering configuration aspects of core metering systems such as the AMI Head End System, BTM systems, and substation metering systems.
• Prepares and/or conducts written and oral reports and presentations related to engineering findings, technical opportunities or solutions.
• Provides mentoring, guidance and training as needed to one or more junior team members.
Minimum: Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related Technology
Prefer: Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum, an International Engineering Alliance (IEA) recognized institution, ABET Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) or any state or internationally recognized PE registration.
Five (5) years full time experience actively engaged in engineering practice or as senior AMI analyst with similar expertise. Must have demonstrated the successful accomplishment of work of the nature defined for the job.
Ability to work effectively with various organizational groups.