EHS Specialist08/31/2023 ● Wadsworth ● Direct Hire
Duration: Direct Hire (Perm)
Location: Wadsworth, OH
Our customer, a leader in their industry, has asked us to help them find an EHS Specialist to join their team at their Wadsworth, OH site. The EHS Specialist will coordinate, administrate and enforce Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) programs to ensure field operations and company site complies with Federal, State and Local regulations, meets company supplier EHS protocols, company EHS program and policies and that all employees work in a safe environment and are effectively implementing company’s environmental initiatives.
- Assess the hazards of manufacturing processes and ensure the implementation of safety systems to keep employees and the environment safe with a focus on Life Critical Procedures and operational safety.
- Maintain, revise and enforce systems and programs, which teach and promote compliance with Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) and DOT regulations, initiatives, procedures, and policies, including local, state, and federal rules leading to the protection of employees, the community and the environment.
- Maintain required EHS, as well as DOT training documents/files and revise as necessary.
- Create and conduct weekly, monthly and quarterly safety audits and inspections of equipment not limited to fuel fired equipment, vehicles, machinery, and safety apparatus to identify and correct potential hazards and to ensure safety specification, regulations, and compliance is met.
- Provide timely follow-up on violations and corrective action implementation up to and including conducting remedial training, as a result of internal and external findings.
- Lead, monitor and schedule required DOT and field employees site specific safety training to include but is not limited to PPE fit testing, industrial hygiene testing (air & noise) as needed interpret results. This includes annual Safety Day Training.
- Develop and maintain a site specific Emergency Response Plan.
- Maintain OSHA 300 log and all environmental permit, as (air, water, and storm water etc.)
- Will maintain (SDS) safety data sheets, and distribute as needed.
- Review and recommend approval of site specific safety plans, Job Loss Analysis (JLA) and Job Hazard Analysis (JHA).
- Communicate with dispatch and have an awareness of where all field activities are being conducted daily.
- Review and prepare responses to contractor Safety Requests for Information (RFI’s).
- Effectively enforce administrative stop work authority.
- Oversee Learning Management System (LMS) as it related to HSE new hire and refresher training
- Purchase, create, edit, and organize files for training plans and LMS courses.
- Create, edit, and enroll users into LMS courses.
- Perform routine LMS tasks.
- Provide regular LMS updates to Site Leader / Plant Manager.
- Coordinate and work with RHA; Corporate Insurance Manager as needed.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations (OSHA, ANSI, NFPA, EPA, DOT).
- 2+ years of experience in Health Safety and Environmental.
- Experience working in the chemical processing or manufacturing plants, preferred.
- DOT experience is a plus.
- Ability to travel required periodically.