BI Developer08/24/2023 ● Scottsdale, Arizona ● Contract
Duration: 6 Months +
Location: 100% Remote (PST time zone)
Their role is to develop, enhance and support AI/EXY dashboard using the Power BI tool.
Contractor will be working on the Dementors team to build Power BI reports, this is specific to the AI/EXY project.
- Collaborates and partners with business and technology experts to establish the technical vision and requirements to support high value business solutions and to proactively evolve BI platform capabilities.
- Understands complex business requirements and translates into detailed technical specifications from which complex programs will be written or configured in order to provide high quality reporting solutions that turn data into actionable intelligence.
- Designs and creates high quality code according to specifications always keeping in mind reusability and system performance.
- Performs code reviews, evaluates and recommends alternative solutions when appropriate.
- Operates as a member of a Scrum team and actively participates in associated activities (planning, grooming, demo, retrospective, etc.).
- Maintains productive working relationships with project sponsors, key system users and software application vendors in order to bring business and IT together by understanding and being able to communicate the needs and limitations of both.
- Builds performant tabular and multi-dimensional models for self-service in Microsoft Power BI.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or Statistics.
- Minimum of 6 years of technical development experience in business intelligence, data analysis, reporting, data engineering, data science or informatics in a traditional data warehouse environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in delivering reporting solutis using various BI software tools such as Qlik and or Power BI.
- Experience managing large amounts of data (database environments >5TB providing sophisticated but easy to use means to analyze the data and demonstrated expertise in programming SQL queries.
- 2 or more years’ experience working with development teams in an Agile (Scrum or other methodology) environment.
- Experience with data mining and data optimization.
- Proven problem-solving and decision-making skills with strong judgement.
- Ability to engage and develop productive working relationships with business stakeholders at all levels from end-user to senior leadership.
- Advanced degree in Analytics, Computer Science or other quantitative field.