Business Analyst08/15/2023 ● Cincinnati, Ohio ● Contract
Job Title: Business Analyst
Duration: 1 year
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Business Analyst III Serves as a liaison between IT, Operations and the business line to analyze non-standard business and user needs, document requirements, and resolve complex system problems.
- Coordinates development and support for new and existing applications.
- Possesses a sound understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
- Acts as a team leader for assigned projects.
- Partners with the business unit to develop a solid knowledge base of the business line, including the business plan, products, processes and revenue streams.
- Coordinates business requirements definition, development, testing, implementation, and support for new and existing systems.
- Identifies, researches, and analyzes production problems, develops solutions and coordinates resolutions.
- Oversees enhancements in order to maintain productivity and efficiency.
- Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined.
- Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience.
- While operating within the organizations risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Functions as the liaison between the business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the project cycle.
- Acts as team leader for projects.
- Possesses knowledge of the business line, including the business plan, products, process and revenue streams.
- Plays a key role in the planning, testing, and implementation of system enhancements and conversions.
- Ensure system enhancements follow the appropriate IT guidelines, meet or exceed user requirements, and are completed in a timely fashion.
- May perform project leader role for projects.
- Identifies system enhancements, documents business needs and determines development impact to current system processing.
- Works with programmers and users to ensure accuracy of enhancements.
- Reviews operational procedures and methods and recommends changes for improvement with an emphasis on automation and efficiency.
- Provides input into the creation of detailed project plans, work assignments, target dates and their aspect of assigned projects.
- Provides guidance and context in prioritizing and determining complexity of problems and requests.
- Partners with the technical areas in the research and resolution of system and process problems.
- Identifies, researches, and analyzes production problems, develops solutions, and resolves problems.
- Works with programming resources (in house and third party) to ensure development work is completed to specification.
- May perform some aspects of Project Management including but not limited to Approval gathering,
- Readiness Assessments, and other artifacts and controls.