Business Applications Support Specialist
Business Applications Support Specialist05/18/2023 ● Medina ● Contract To Hire
To Apply for this Job Click Here
To assist effectively in various production research, collection, documentation, implementation tasks associated with Sandridge Food Corporations business applications. Responsibilities will be related to the support of Sandridge Food Corporation’s Business application. This includes but is not limited to applications used by Operations, Scheduling, Warehouse, Transportation, Finance, Maintenance, and Sales. Duties include insuring quality research, documentation, development, and training of the different applications to include but not limited to EDI, ERP, Forecasting, and Scheduling Tools, etc.
- Subject matter expert on ERP & EDI system configuration capabilities and mapping.
- Administer and maintain EDI integration and configurations, manage software testing and upgrades.
- Utilize strong EDI and ERP configuration knowledge to create highly automated and reliable EDI solutions which serve both internal and external requirements
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software and hardware.
- Responsible for support of business applications tools, related configuration, scripts, code and reports.
- Configure ERP screens and workflows to streamline user interaction with the system.
- Understand the core ERP system and supporting software and assists in continued improvement of the security of the system and use to provide a better value to the business.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Possess a solid understanding of data structures, data relationships and data concepts of the ERP systems and SQL databases.
- Develop knowledge of the company’s application portfolio, development tools, and development procedures.
- Coordinate with multiple departments to discover and provide the best universal solution when able.
- Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Prioritize and manage support calls, help tickets and change requests in central Help Desk system.
- Document changes, enhancements and procedures within project folders or central Help Desk
- Support user training needs and remote locations as requested.
- Expeditiously troubleshoot and resolve any reported issues coordinating activities so as not to impact production.
- May be asked to work off shift hours to complete job related tasks or be on call to support select needs.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Two-year technical degree in Programing or Programming certification equivalent preferred.
- In lieu of the above 5 to 8 years of business systems, ERP and EDI systems support.
- Experience with SAGE X3 ERP v11 preferred or similar ERP products considered.
- Strong working knowledge of Access, SQL data expressions, Excel, Crystal reports and EDI mapping tools.
- Understanding of data base structures, entity relationships, indexes and related.
- Experience of EDI transactions sets: 850, 875, 810, 855, 856, 880 and related standards.
- Understanding of Food Processing, Quality Systems and / or FDA Regulated Industry systems.
- Manufacturing experience preferred, preferably in Food and Beverage Industry.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, able to work with little supervision.
- Strong Attention to detail.
- Ability to learn new technologies as needed using self-paced methods and tutorials at times.
- Solid interpersonal skills, analytical thinker, problem solver and facilitator.