DevOps Infrastructure Engineer II
DevOps Infrastructure Engineer II05/09/2023 ● Lakewood ● Direct Hire
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Job Title: DevOps Infrastructure Engineer
Duration: Direct Hire (Perm)
Responsibilities will focus heavily on Microsoft Azure ESB system in a DevOps capacity as well as support operations, including switches, routers, firewalls, physical and VMware virtual infrastructure, web/application/database servers, network attached storage devices (SANs) as well as public cloud servers and services. The Infrastructure Engineer will provide expertise in planning, designing, deploying, and supporting our Infrastructure as code and non-code platforms.
The Infrastructure Engineer will also be responsible for creating and updating infrastructure documentation, systems assessments, and reporting results. The Infrastructure Engineer will collaborate closely with other members of the team to support the company and our employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively gather information and utilize analytical and creative problem-solving skills, alongside standard processes, and technologies, to create efficient, secure, and reliable solutions for the business
- Provide general and routine maintenance support including installation, patching, configuration, back-ups, and updates.
- Function as the subject matter expert for the entire technology ecosystem.
- Create and maintain documents for procedures/processes and infrastructure architecture/topology diagrams.
- Collaborate with team members and software vendors to design, implement and test systems.
- Write infrastructure as code (IaC) using industry standard tools and services.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to capture, analyze, and derive DevOps requirements.
- Researches and stays current with advances in technologies; recommends changes and updates accordingly.
- Identifies areas of improvement and proactively suggests changes.
- Manages production and pre-production technology systems in a hybrid cloud/datacenter environment.
- Responsible for automating building systems and deploying applications.
- Creates additional automation by scripting repetitive tasks.
- Designs, manages and supports Active Directory and related services (Directory Services, DHCP, DFS, DNS, GPO).
- Respond tickets and all issues in a timely manner according to response SLA.
- Creates and updates network documentation, performs network assessments and reports results according to compliance standards.
- Architect and engineer all technical solutions.
- Attend weekly Infrastructure Team meetings to discuss progression through assigned engineering efforts and collaborate with others in the department.
- Other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Technical Expertise, Experience and Education
- 2+ years direct experience with MS Azure ESB in a .net framework
- 5+ years experience in broad/generalist IT functions [network, hardware, application, server] is required.
- 3+ years experience with enterprise grade networking equipment, Experience with Cisco routing/switching configuration and troubleshooting
- 3+ years experience with virtualization technology (KVM, VMWare, Hyper-V)
- 5+ years experience in Microsoft server and O365 administration is required.
- Strong system administration (Linux/Unix or Windows) at the command-line level.
- Experience in financial services or banking is preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field is preferred.
- Certification: ITIL, Microsoft ,or other industry certifications preferred.