BI Developer05/06/2023 ● Scottsdale ● Contract
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Job Title: BI Developer
Duration: 6 Months+
Want to effect real, tangible change at a Fortune 500 company? Our Customer is undergoing a Company-wide transformation, making major investments in our technology platforms, and defying conventional thinking on competition in the Waste & Recycling Services industry. We are looking for the best and brightest to join us in changing the way we engage and serve our customers. We seek enthusiastic individuals who are excited about working in a fast, dynamic environment and want to be meaningful contributors in our rapid technology evolution.
BI Developers at our customer play a critical role in development, support, and continuous improvement of Business Intelligence technology platforms. Our Enterprise Data team is a tightly knit group of cross-discipline professionals that work hand-in-hand with our business partners across Sales, Customer Experience, Operations, Revenue Management, Finance and Marketing. The successful candidate will possess computational skills and be adept at problem-solving. In addition, it will be necessary to develop and nurture strong relationships with business leaders, business analysts and key technical staff across the organization. One of the main tasks of a Senior BI Developer will be to provide the data in a way that tells a story to everyone from a driver to the CEO in order to develop new business opportunities, competitive advantages over rivals, more effective marketing campaigns, increased operational efficiency and more.
The Enterprise Data team is an efficient and growing team serving a large user base (?3,000 users) covering critical, high-visibility functions for the business. Beyond delivering the capabilities needed to support the business strategy, we are laying the foundation of processes and methodologies for the future. Join us in this key role and take the opportunity to see your work make a real world impact.
• Collaborates and partners with business and technology experts to establish the technical vision and requirements to support high value business solutions and to proactively evolve BI platform capabilities.
• Understands complex business requirements and translates into detailed technical specifications from which complex programs will be written or configured in order to provide high quality reporting solutions that turn data into actionable intelligence.
• Designs and creates high quality code according to specifications always keeping in mind reusability and system performance.
• Performs code reviews, evaluates and recommends alternative solutions when appropriate.
• Operates as a member of a Scrum team and actively participates in associated activities (planning, grooming, demo, retrospective, etc.).
• Maintains productive working relationships with project sponsors, key system users and software application vendors in order to bring business and IT together by understanding and being able to communicate the needs and limitations of both.
• Builds performant tabular and multi-dimensional models for self-service BI.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
• Experience managing large amounts of data (database environments ?5TB providing sophisticated but easy to use means to analyze the data and demonstrated expertise in programming SQL queries.
• 2 or more years’ experience working with development teams in an Agile (Scrum or other methodology) environment.
• Experience with data mining and data optimization.
• Proven problem-solving and decision-making skills with strong judgement.
• Ability to engage and develop productive working relationships with business stakeholders at all levels from end-user to senior leadership.
• Master’s degree in Business Analytics, Computer Science or other quantitative field.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or Statistics.
• Minimum of 6 years of technical development experience in business intelligence, data analysis, reporting, data engineering, data science or informatics in a traditional data warehouse environment.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in delivering reporting solutions using various BI software tools such as Qlik and or Power BI.