Purchasing Specialist – Automotive
Purchasing Specialist – Automotive04/20/2023 ● Bluffton, Michigan ● Direct Hire
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Job Title: Purchasing Specialist
Duration: Direct Hire (perm)
Location: Near Findlay, OH
The Purchasing Specialist will procure manufactured materials and subassemblies for in-house production of high volume, high precision components and related materials and services. Reporting to the Commodity Manager, Purchasing.
- Define, analyze and achieve target cost during the different phases of component development.
- Procure direct goods, and services for sites, which includes coordination of bid activities, vendor recommendations, negotiating, and contract writing.
- Coordinate purchasing activities with other SRK plants globally.
- Participate in development of departmental goals and objectives.
- Conduct and lead meetings with suppliers to continuously improve quality and cost of purchased material.
- Provide guidance and assistance to other procurement associates.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Establish and maintain contacts with domestic and international vendors and suppliers of manufactured components and subassemblies.
- Define, achieve and track target cost for the assigned manufactured components, subassemblies, and materials.
- Measure and track supplier performance and capacities.
- Work closely with project teams and internal customers to satisfy purchasing and production goals.
- Complete understanding of materials, semi-finished products, and design documents (assembly drawings and parts lists, to ensure accuracy.
- Communicate effectively with designers, direct technicians, and suppliers as required.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB INFORMATION:
- Participate in Project Management activities.
- Participate in development of Purchasing goals and objectives.
- Update and maintain system information relevant to project material purchases. Assist in resolving logistic and accounting issues with manufactured material suppliers.
- Recommend and establish organizational committees related to the effective functioning of the organization objectives; seek opportunities to promote the vision and values of the organization.
- Plans expansion of service delivery and provides guidance and assistance to subordinate managers in solving operational problems; establishes long-range goals for subordinate work units
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or a related field.
- Two – three years experience in lean manufacturing systems in an automotive environment.
- Two – three years procurement experience.
- Some experience working with computer technology in the development of inventory control programs.
- Excellent communication, verbal and written skills, self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personal, extroverted personality, well organized.
- Efficient computer skills with Microsoft Office
- Available to travel domestically and internationally as required, less than 25%.