DevOps Test Engineer
DevOps Test Engineer03/10/2023 ● Scottsdale, Arizona ● Direct Hire
Job Title: DevOps Test Engineer
Location: Remote in Phoenix, Arizona
Under general supervision from the Development Supervisor, is responsible for testing all aspects of custom developed Java applications following a Behavior Driven Design and automated testing approach. The DevOps Test Engineer must quickly become an expert on system functionality as well as the requirements that drove system in order to ensure quality in the product suite. This job class is treated as FLSA Exempt.
Essential functions may vary among positions and may include the following tasks, knowledge, abilities, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not intended to be comprehensive listing of tasks performed by all positions in this classification.
- Participates in requirements gathering and analysis. Reviews requirements with senior team members to ensure clarity and understanding.
- Comprehend and decompose user stories/requirements to identify what tests need to be created and automated across all levels of testing.
- Establish quality goals, track, and report key quality metrics to assure full test coverage of functional and non-functional requirements to drive continuous improvement.
- Analyze and understand the current technology architecture, system interdependencies and application stacks.
- Communicate issues with greater detail and help development teams to easily understand fix issues faster or assess the level of risk.
- Reproduces, debugs, and isolates problems and verifies fixes.
- Provide constructive feedback on new code to improve quality and ensure testability.
- Participates in the design and architecture of developed software systems.
- Develops front-end code in accordance with design specifications, coding standards, policies and procedures. Incorporates feedback received from senior team members during code reviews in current and future development efforts.
10. Performs other job-related tasks as assigned by the Java Development Supervisor, Assistant IT Director or IT Director/CIO.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Proficient in general principals of programming and programming languages, with a particular focus on Java and Spring development.
- Proficient in test automation using frameworks such as TestNG or Selenium
- Proficient in testing REST based services
- Proficient in performance and scale testing, performance measurement
- Proficient in current Bootstrap versions
- Knowledge of software development and implementation methodologies.
- Knowledge of software testing and documentation methodologies.
- Knowledge of Agile Software Development Lifecycle Methodologies (SDLC).
- Knowledge of Model View Controller and microservices architectures.
- Knowledge of CI/CD DevOps environments.
- Knowledge of Behavior Driven Development.
- Skill finding solutions through technical support channels and peers.
- Skill learning new testing frameworks and methodologies quickly with minimum supervision.
- Skill with verbal and written communication.
- Ability to impart specific expertise and knowledge to peers and staff through individual mentoring and team efforts.
- Ability to quickly change priorities and respond to short-term tasks as needed to keep computer network operational.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with all levels of the department and Community.
- Ability to learn quickly and be willing to tackle tasks requiring advanced problem-solving skills.
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university in Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or a closely related discipline.
- Experience: 3 years demonstrated experience implementing and maintaining test automation frameworks and writing scripts for automating the testing of the backend and frontend of applications required.
- 1+ years of experience working with a CI/CD pipeline/workflow
- Demonstrated successful experience in the following technologies required:
- Java Development on the Spring Platform
- Selenium and/or TestNG Frameworks
- Cucumber Test Specification Development
- Agile Software Development Lifecycle Methodologies
- Object Oriented Analysis and Object Oriented Design methodologies
- Demonstrated successful experience in the following technologies is preferred:
- Strong knowledge of tools such as GitHub, Jira and Jenkins or equivalent
- Micro Front-ends
- Microservice-based Architectures
Equivalency: Any equivalent combination of education and experience that will allow the applicant to satisfactorily perform the duties of the job may be considered.
Special Requirements: May be required to work beyond normal work hours including nights, weekends and holidays.