Front End Developer08/22/2023 ● Scottsdale, Arizona ● Direct Hire
Job Title: Front End Developer
Location: Remote in Phoenix, Arizona
Definition: Under general supervision from the Development Manager, designs, codes and tests front end components of all custom designed software applications. Assists departments with developing in-house data management programs or contracting outside software development services.
Essential Functions: Essential functions may vary among positions and may include the following tasks, knowledge, abilities, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not intended to be comprehensive listing of tasks performed by all positions in this classification.
- Participates in requirements gathering and analysis. Reviews requirements with senior team members to ensure clarity and understanding.
- Develops front-end code in accordance with design specifications, coding standards, policies and procedures. Incorporates feedback received from senior team members during code reviews in current and future development efforts.
3. Unit tests developed code and document tests as required by the departmental and/or project development guidelines.
4. Provides timely and accurate updates of individual progress during the project development phase, communicating all variations to commitments as they are known.
5. Assists in the development and execution of system, integration and user acceptance test cases and scripts as requested by the project management teams.
6. Participates in the documentation and support of applications and systems, adhering to the department and organizational production change management policies and procedures. Provides 24×7 support of critical applications as assigned and directed by the Application Development Supervisor.
- Participates in the design and architecture of developed software systems.
- Provides guidance and mentorship for the Programmer I staff.
- Develops style guidelines for client facing applications developed by the software development teams.
10. Performs other job related tasks as assigned by the .Net Development Supervisor, Assistant IT Director or IT Director/CIO.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Knowledge of general principals of programming and programming languages, with a particular focus on front-end development technologies.
- Proficient in UX design for efficiency, usability, interactivity, and accessibility on a variety of media
- Proficient in current Bootstrap versions
- Proficient in SCSS
- Knowledge of software development and implementation methodologies.
- Knowledge of software testing and documentation methodologies.
- Knowledge of Agile Software Development Lifecycle Methodologies (SDLC).
- Knowledge of Model View Controller and microservices architectures.
- Skill finding solutions through technical support channels and peers.
- Skill learning new front-end programming languages and methodologies quickly with minimum supervision.
- Skill with verbal and written communication.
- Ability to impart specific expertise and knowledge to peers and staff through individual mentoring and team efforts.
- Ability to quickly change priorities and respond to short-term tasks as needed to keep computer network operational.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with all levels of the department and Community.
- Ability to learn quickly and be willing to tackle tasks requiring advanced problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn new programming languages and methodologies quickly with minimum supervision.
- Ability to lift and carry 45 lbs.
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university in Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or a closely related discipline.
- Experience: Three (3) years demonstrated experience with recent UX Design Techniques, HTML and Software Development Lifecycle Methodologies (SDLC) required.
- Demonstrated successful experience in the following technologies required:
- CSS, SCSS
- Model View Controller architecture
- Agile Software Development Lifecycle Methodologies
- Object Oriented Analysis and Object Oriented Design methodologies
- Demonstrated successful experience in the following technologies is preferred:
- Reactive Programming
- Android Material Design
- Micro Front-ends
- Equivalency: Any equivalent combination of education and experience that will allow the applicant to satisfactorily perform the duties of the job may be considered.