System Support Specialist II
System Support Specialist II06/05/2023 ● Lakewood, Ohio ● Direct Hire
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Job Title: System Support Specialist II
Duration: Direct Hire (Perm)
Location: Cleveland, Ohio area
The System Support Specialist II provides first line assistance to end users with all technology issues, and is an escalation point for System Support Specialists I.
- Provides first level technical support for end users by answering phone requests and Service Desk tickets; prioritizes and properly tracks requests through completion; works to resolve system, software, and hardware related issues with a goal of resolving incidents and completing requests on the first attempt. Communicates with staff the status of pending issues.
- Works with the Service Desk software to assure tickets are completed in a timely manner and to create Knowledge Base articles as necessary.
- Plays a significant role in the annual technology refresh project. Identifies the equipment to be replaced and schedules the deployment.
- Maintains company intranet; keeps company’s intranet updated with information supplied by LOB; ensures all shared documents and links are up to date; assists users with internet questions and problems.
- Performs work on hardware such as laptops, printers and other equipment; prepares replacements; images machines; moves workstations; performs repairs; replaces parts; performs desktop to laptop migrations, works with vendor for warranty repair.
- Sets up and trains new users during employee onboarding; provides training on equipment.
- Provides training to other staff on technical issues as needed.
- Acts as systems administrator; adds, changes, and deletes users on various systems; controls access to secure systems.
- Serves as Fiserv vendor contact and Cleartouch administrator. Works with the different Fiserv business units and LOB’s to make sure Fiserv services are being optimized in alignment with strategic business initiatives.
- Works with vendors to manage third party applications and hardware.
- Performs other tasks occasionally to back up other department members or other departments such as opening, scanning, and GL coding of invoices; sets up conference calls.
- Other duties as required.
- Communication skills
- Customer service
- Quality of work
- Workflow skills
- Attendance and dependability
- Experience in network administration is required.
- Experience in troubleshooting IT problems is required.
- Experience in computer hardware is required.
- Experience in financial services or banking is preferred.
- Experience in project management is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Remote Desktop, Cleartouch, and other software experience is preferred.
Education and Experience:
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required; Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Business Administration is preferred.
- CompTIA: A+, Network+, Security+ (one or any combination) preferred
- Microsoft Certifications: MTA or MCSA preferred
- ACSP and HDI-SCA will also be considered.
- Years of experience: minimum of 5 years is required.
- Cleartouch Administration preferred