Project Manager01/19/2023 ● Cleveland ● Contract
Job Title: Project Manager
Duration: 6 months plus
Location: Cleveland, Ohio or Remote
The Project Manager will manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, which may include directing third party resources as well as virtual teams. Must be familiar with system scope and project objectives, organizational change management methodologies and techniques, as well as the role and function of each team member to effectively coordinate the activities of the team. Orients members of the project team on the Standard Project Lifecycle Framework.
- Ensures Business Partners understand the Project Lifecycle, Quality Milestones, Transition Point Reviews, Project Standards and project responsibility of the Business Leader/Product Owner
- Performs project registration/consolidation/prioritization as required and administers project pipeline checkpoints to drive delivery and mitigate/resolve bottlenecks
- Defines and manages project scope, scope changes, objectives, requirements, deliverables, and value proposition that support the diverse business goals and interests of multiple stakeholders
- Develops integrated project plan; identifies and manages project dependencies and critical paths; and tracks/reports project milestones as well as status
- Estimates resources needed to achieve project goals; tracks utilization; determines and assesses need for additional staff and/or vendors; manages on/off-boarding; and monitors/manages vendor performance on labor resources
- Identifies, tracks, escalates and resolves issue conflicts; performs impact analysis and prioritization; manages dependencies and track/monitors; and escalates risk with corrective/mitigating actions
- Tailors methods and metrics; administers configuration management/version control; adheres to project policies/ standards; performs project assessments; coach/mentors teams; and manages deliverable reviews and sign-offs
- Leads communication planning, execution and reporting with project team members; liaises with stakeholders
- Supports development of change management planning, design and implementation including communication and training.
- Manages documentation and the knowledge transfer to the “business as usual” functions; conducts “lesson-learned” reviews
- Manages the execution of vendor contract(s) and ensures adherence to contract provisions, where applicable
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- PMP, CSM or SSM certification or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge and experience with standard project development/management methodologies and tools required
- Knowledge and experience within the financial services industry preferred, specifically in risk management and regulatory remediation.
- Three or more years of project management experience required.
Competencies and Skills:
- Demonstrates critical thinking, problem solving and conflict management skills; ability to “connect the dots”
- Thinks, plans and executes on multiple levels.
- Organized, self-disciplined, leads others towards common outcomes and strategy execution.
- Assesses and coaches to strengths and developmental needs of project team members and direct reports. Shares knowledge, insights, and experiences to help others develop.
- Credible leader with established reputation for presenting and gaining support for ideas/solutions
- Proven demonstration of leadership competencies.
- Can clearly articulate vision for future state; provide big-picture view/ enterprise view; decisive and directive when necessary.
- Fosters and encourages frequent, open and honest feedback; learns from setbacks and mistakes to drive improvements; independently seeks out learning opportunities.
- Highly polished and confident communication ability; possess written, verbal and stand-up presentation skills. Adjusts communications to audience.
- Takes the initiative to understand the business impacted by the project, current, trends and information that could impact the business and organization. Stays up to date on current industry best-practices.
- Manages the execution of vendor contracts to ensure adherence to contract provisions.