Network Engineer01/20/2023 ● Tempe, Arizona ● Contract
Duration: 6 months+
Location: Hybrid in Phoenix, AZ
We are looking to contract with an experienced network engineer to help design, manage and maintain Company’s new High Security Operations Center (HSOC). The HSOC offers a secure, NERC-CIP compliant datacenter and connection point for Company’s generating fleet and other high security assets.
Acting as a network engineer, you will be responsible for helping design, build, and deploy the new operations center as well as handling advanced support issues. To ensure success in this position, you should have extensive experience working with enterprise networks, collaborating with other IT teams, and managing the “full stack” of a high performing enterprise level network. The ability to work with and coach less experienced network analysts is critical.
Network Engineer Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with team members to design and implement a secure, functional network
• Install and configure networking hardware, including firewalls, Cisco switching, virtual server infrastructure, backup, and remote access solutions
• Create and implement network security measures in conjunction with Company’s Cyber Security team
• Work with vendors on hardware and software procurement
• Deal with escalated network support issues
• Draw up network status reports
• Understand and adhere to all related NERC CIP requirements
• Report to the HSOC Lead and Generation Technology Services Manager
Network Engineer Requirements:
• Minimum 5 years cumulative and progressive experience as a network engineer or similar in an enterprise network environment. This includes demonstrated hands-on experience racking equipment, configuring new hardware, cable management, and rack configuration.
• Experience building out “greenfield” enterprise network systems from ground up, including configuring brand new equipment, is highly desired.
• Advanced knowledge of network systems including Cisco routing, Palo Alto firewalls, and VMWare server virtualization. Industry certifications in these areas will be highly valued.
• Familiarity with communication and routing protocols: Ethernet (copper and fiber), TCP/IP, DNS, proxy, VPN, etc.
• Familiarity with network analysis tools and experience troubleshooting network issues
• Excellent cross-functional collaboration skills
• High level problem-solving and communication skills
• Operational Technology (OT) and Utility experience is highly desired
• Ability to work remote or on-site as needed, including various COMPANY sites (substation and generation)
Specific experience in the following areas is highly desired:
o Network (Preferred)
§ Palo Alto Firewalls
§ Cisco Route & Switch technologies
§ Load balancers
§ ISP connections and remote access solutions
§ Device event alerting and availability monitoring
§ Installation and setup of new and replacement equipment
o General infrastructure management (Nice to have)
§ Directory services (e.g., Active Directory)
§ Antivirus Software Support (McAfee)
§ Remote monitoring and management agents
§ Windows patch management
§ Server event log monitoring, alerts, and maintenance
§ VMWare virtual server infrastructure
§ Server equipment, builds, operating systems, and software