Information Catalog Support Specialist
Information Catalog Support Specialist05/16/2023 ● Tempe, Arizona ● Contract
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Job Title: Information Catalog Support Specialist
Duration: 12 Months+
Location: Phoenix, AZ – Hybrid
Companies Information Governance function has a need for a resource to support Business Stewards/Data Stewards with Structured Data in the development of an Information Catalog. The Information Catalog consists of directories for reports, system to system integrations, glossary of business terms, report maturity measures, and database schemas. Much of the work is to maintain the Information Catalog with findings provided by Data Stewards and Business Stewards as they work with critical system projects at company.
We are seeking an Information Catalog Specialist to support the Information Management department with information analysis, including generating information products for internal audiences, investigating sources of operational reports, as well as helping manage data modeling tools and utilize systems such as Information Catalog (ie.Collibra) and Data Quality tools.
Additionally, the Information Catalog Support Specialist supports the Information Governance Analyst as they work closely with information stewards, clients, project managers, core technical team members, and other project stakeholders in the development of the information catalog. This individual must possess solid business acumen, strong oral and written communication skills, strong organization skills, flexibility, self- motivation, and social skills. They also must have the ability to bridge the business/IT divide in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding and trust.
** The selected candidate will need to be able to:
• Develop methods of analysis, on-the-fly
• Learn new tools we use in Information Governance (Collibra, Information Steward, Erwin) to be able to utilize them as an administrator and super user to support our business users.
• Juggle many deliverables at one time prioritizing greatest need on an ongoing basis.
• Understand metadata and use of metadata for descriptive classification of files.
** Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
• Support Data Stewards and Information Analyst in the development of the Information Catalog: Report Catalog, Data Catalog, Report Maturity Measures, Integration Catalog, Enterprise Business Glossary, etc.
• Manually index data entities and attributes collected from existing business application data structures against the company Common Information Model.
• Build structures in the Information Catalog that represent the company Information Asset structure.
• Own a service offering – define the service process, engagement with the business, understand the service to perform the work efforts involved.
• Work with internal stakeholders to understand existing data structures and represent this in the Information Catalog.
• Provide operational assistance in support of the information management function and
technological related solutions: SAP Information Steward and Collibra
• Collaborates on the development of information models.
• Communicate status to project managers, team members and management
• Other duties as assigned.
** Experience Requirements:
• Experience in adhering to information management standards and best practices.
• Experience successfully producing information products for various audiences, utilizing a
mixture of text, charts, graphs and other visual displays of information to effectively
communicate the state of their information assets.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and always protect sensitive information.
• Proficient in the use of office productivity tools, such as the MS Office Suite.
• Positive learning and working attitude; a growth mindset.
• Team player with good interpersonal, communication skills.
• Self-starter, quick learner, able to handle multiple concurrent assignments.
• Works well independently and with little direction.
• Ability to adhere to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
• Flexible, versatile, courteous, and conscientious.
• Familiar with different work management methodologies.
• Ability to listen; practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can
accurately restate the opinions of others even if disagreeing.
• Excellent writing, editing and analytical skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively and support efforts of all team members.
• Ability to work in an Agile environment (Kanban board methodology-Service Now)
The successful candidate will also need to have active listening skills, proactive planning and actions on work efforts, manage multiple tasks, provide customer service support- customer service training experience required. Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge. Tool proficiency: Outlook, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, MS365, Sharepoint, Teams/Zoom/webex. Nice to have: PowerBI, Collibra.