Principal DevOps Engineer – R5188
Principal DevOps Engineer – R518802/03/2023 ● Phoenix, Arizona ● Direct Hire
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Job Title: Principal DevOps Engineer
Location: Phoenix, AZ / Dallas, TX / Columbus, OH
The Principal DevOps Engineer is accountable for capability engineering & support for tooling and processes that supports Application Development, Testing, & Build/Deploy (CI/CD) capabilities. As a senior engineer for this domain, this role is responsible for advancing the capability roadmap to develop platforms & services that Application Teams can consume & onboard on to that enable automation, robust testing, & a ‘shift left’ security mentality as it relates to developing, testing, & deploying application code as well as infrastructure as code pipelines. This role will collaborate with Enterprise Architecture & the Application Teams to understand needs across the enterprise, as well as evangelize the use of CI/CD pipelines & automation in Software Development Lifecycle processes.
This role requires a deep technical understanding in the areas of: DevOps platforms, CI/CD pipelines and integrations, Microsoft Azure DevOps and GitHub, static/dynamic application security testing, development frameworks, and configuring and deploying software across multiple environments including infrastructure as code (IaC). Additionally, strong strategic & critical thinking skills as well as communication and collaboration skills are required to develop relationships with multiple delivery teams, business partners, and IT leadership.
What we are looking for:
- Responsible for defining, implementing, & supporting a target state architecture of DevOps platform tooling that supports multiple delivery teams across multiple development stacks.
- Evaluates and gain a deep understanding of the current landscape in order to identify a successful migration strategy from disparate SCM solutions to the target state DevOps platform.
- Works with Cloud Architecture and Solution Delivery teams to develop strategy and plan for application and pipeline modernization with a “cloud first” mentality.
- Establish standards and best practices around SCM, CI/CD pipelines, test automation, security scanning automation, vulnerability management, and delivery (containers, PaaS, etc.).
- Works with Enterprise Architecture & the QA Testing team to analyze new and emerging trends in DevOps and Development Architecture to ensure standards remain current and relevant.
- Facilitates the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services within the domain of DevOps and Development Architecture.
- Facilitates & helps lead Community of Practice with content geared towards Application Development & Infrastructure teams to drive Build, Test, & Deploy automation in the enterprise.
- 10+ years of related IT experience, with 5+ years in application development with experience building & managing automation using DevOps / DevSecOps platforms & tooling.
- Proficiency in object-oriented design techniques and principles.
- Demonstrated experience in any of the following technologies: Python, FastAPI, Typescript, Node.js, Angular, React, Java, and .Net.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience.
- Deep understanding and experience in designing & implementing modern continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipelines that include security scanning (both SAST and DAST), containerized deployments, and automated testing capabilities (unit tests, regression tests, etc.).
- Experience designing & deploying integration applications into public cloud services or iPaaS-based providers (e.g., MuleSoft, Azure, AWS).
- Deep understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and is able to develop content for & communicate with Application Development & Infrastructure Engineering teams.
- The Objective mindset is able to think ‘enterprise first’ and remain unbiased toward any specific technology or vendor choice, with decisions made based on data, analysis, & POC results.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience with large-scale migration from legacy SCM platforms such as TFS or DevOps Server to cloud-hosted DevOps platforms
- Experience delivering solutions across multiple cloud-based solutions including Azure, and AWS, and deploying to iPaaS solutions such as MuleSoft
- Experience in the following technologies: Azure DevOps, Atlassian Jira/Confluence, Ansible, SonarQube
- Experience delivering & operating in the Banking industry.
Benefits you’ll love:
We offer all the important things you’d want — like competitive salaries, an ownership stake in the company, medical and dental insurance, time off, a great 401k matching program, tuition assistance program, an employee volunteer program, and a wellness program. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to bolster your business knowledge, learning the ins and outs of how successful companies operate and manage their finances, giving you invaluable hands-on experience to help grow your career!