Enterprise Applications Services Domain Architect – R4175
Enterprise Applications Services Domain Architect – R417502/03/2023 ● Phoenix, Arizona ● Direct Hire
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Job Title: Enterprise Applications Services Domain Architect
Location: Phoenix, AZ / Dallas, TX / Columbus, OH
What you’ll do:
The Enterprise Application Services Domain Architect is accountable for the solution architecture, design, standards, & frameworks that will help define and implement solutions that constitute a layer of authoritative “application services” for delivery teams to consume. Promoting reusability and extensibility with a mindset of “build once, reuse many times”, this challenging role integrates business, development, and cloud technology knowledge to identify and implement candidate capabilities to be exposed and utilized as common application services. This role requires a deep technical understanding in the areas of: iPaaS (MuleSoft), SaaS, APIs, file movement & transformation, auth solutions, logging & monitoring, ETL-based processes, etc. Additionally, strong strategic & critical thinking skills as well as communication and collaboration skills are required to develop relationships with multiple delivery teams and business partners to align with the digital strategy that will support our growth trajectory.
- Accountable for solution architecture across the Application Services domain enabling delivery teams utilizing multiple types of technology stacks to create new value for users, customers, and partners with a faster time-to-market.
- Evaluates and gains a deep understanding of the current landscape of tools/services, business processes, and needs in order to develop a strategy and roadmap for the domain.
- Engage with Solution Architects in other Domains to design architectures that align with integration principles such as reusability, modularity, and adherence to established design patterns.
- Develops perspectives and points of view on ‘buy vs. build’ offerings from various solution providers to identify the best solution in support of the integration layer strategy.
- Collaborates with development teams, business partners, and IT leadership to ensure solutions meet the needs of the delivery organization and larger IT strategies.
- Develop architecture artifacts related to the Enterprise Application Services domain such as standards, patterns, architectural diagrams, and roadmaps.
- Translates business and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint to achieve business objectives and documents all solution architecture design and analysis work.
- Analyzes the technology industry, competitors and market trends, and determines their potential impact on the enterprise.
- Work closely with Integration Platforms Architect in M&A efforts to develop integration approaches to smoothly integrate the acquisition into our platform architecture.
- Facilitates the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations.
- Monitors the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
- Identifies the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of solution designs.
- 10 years of related experience, with 5+ years in an application or platform architecture role.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data science, information-technology, engineering, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in an architecture function with knowledge & experience developing reference architectures & patterns and supporting governance functions.
- Deep understanding and experience in designing & implementing modern solutions, specifically as it relates to concepts such as: APIs, file transformation and delivery, bulk email delivery, message queues, application logging, auth providers, etc.
- Experience designing & deploying applications into public cloud services or iPaaS-based providers (e.g., MuleSoft, Azure, AWS, GCP).
- Fundamental understanding of architectural design patterns
- Deep understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models.
- Significant experience developing architecture blueprints, strategies and roadmaps.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and is able to develop content for & communicate with Executive Level stakeholders as well as Engineering & Scrum teams.
- Ability to build trust and respect as a thought leader who can influence and persuade business and IT leaders and development teams.
- Objective mindset that is able to think ‘enterprise first’ and remain unbiased toward any specific technology or vendor choice, with decisions made based on data, analysis, & POC results.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience working with MuleSoft as an iPaaS provider.
- Experience delivering various types of consumable, authoritative solutions at an enterprise scale.
- Experience with large-scale file delivery and transformation.
- Knowledge and understanding of different modeling languages (e.g. ArchiMate).
- Experience delivering & operating in the Banking industry.
Benefits you’ll love:
We offer all the important things you’d want — like competitive salaries, an ownership stake in the company, medical and dental insurance, time off, a great 401k matching program, tuition assistance program, an employee volunteer program, and a wellness program. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to bolster your business knowledge, learning the ins and outs of how successful companies operate and manage their finances, giving you invaluable hands-on experience to help grow your career!