Infrastructure Svc Eng Sr Adv
Infrastructure Svc Eng Sr Adv10/18/2022 ● Indianapolis ● Contract To Hire
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Job Title: Infrastructure Svc Eng Sr Adv
Duration: 6 Months with right-to-hire
Location: REMOTE, but must support EST Core Hours
Detailed Job Description –
Client is seeking an AWS Cloud Systems Administrator for it’s APS program. The candidate should demonstrate experience on Cloud Infrastructure assessment, benchmarking, planning, sourcing and implementing a wide range of cloud and collaboration services. Candidate should have experience in identifying appropriate use of AWS operational best practices, experience estimating AWS costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms.
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Build extensive technical knowledge of virtual machines and applications operating in AWS IaaS, PaaS and SaaS environments.
• Perform high-level, day-to-day operational administration of complex multi-user cloud-based computing systems including user management, audits, patches, and upgrades.
• Coordinate, schedule and perform software installations to cloud based operating systems, layered software packages, and databases.
• Support and troubleshoot web applications. This includes utilizing application and server logs to identify and resolve issues.
• Support applications hosted in an AWS cloud environment, including deployments, patches, security checks, and maintenance.
• Daily monitoring of the network, servers, cloud and applications to ensure full availability and optimum performance. Utilize software tools and logs to monitor network and system health.
• Create and update documentation, including standard operating procedures, administrative instructions, after action reports for system outages, task status updates, and customer reports.
• Support for system and data security requirements, and documented system artifacts required for security certification.
• Make recommendations to integrate new custom and cloud software, coordinates installation and supports operations.
• Assist with application integration and troubleshooting in this infrastructure for a complex application environment, including management of dependencies on services, platforms, and other applications within the cloud infrastructure.
• Troubleshoot across multiple applications and create run books and playbooks for each event with the necessary escalation paths established.
• Maintain system security strategies, policies, and procedures.
Must Have’s for this Role to be successful
Skill needed is Amazon EKS – Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (4+ Years) managed container service to run and scale Kubernetes Applications in the cloud or on-premises.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Engineering, IT etc.) or equivalent with 8+ years of experience as a Systems Administrator supporting Middleware and Enterprise Applications or similar role for large scale enterprise solutions.
• Must have professional experience managing complex systems and workflow and complex projects with tight deadlines.
• 4+ years of experience with building AWS infrastructure or migrating private on premise solutions to cloud hosting environments.
• 4+ years of experience with configuration management, cloud orchestration and automation tools.
• Solid understanding of and experience with provisioning and managing infrastructure as well as applications in cloud environments, preferably in AWS.
• 3+ years of experience with Agile practices, service-oriented environments.
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible) and fluency in the associated programming languages (e.g. Ruby, Python)
• Extensive experience with Windows and UNIX/Linux system administration – administration within virtualized environments is preferred.
• Experience with AWS Services; EC2, Cloud Formation, VPC, ELB, AWS Security, S3, RDS, EBS, ECS – or equivalent.
• Knowledge of and experience with monitoring, metrics collection, and reporting using open source tools.
• Ability to work effectively with both business and technical stakeholders.
• Ability to perform cloud performance analysis and optimize distributed cloud systems.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• AWS certification