Lead Data Engineer10/19/2022 ● Cincinnati, Ohio ● Contract To Hire
- Job Title: Lead Data Engineer
- Duration: 6 months contract to hire
- Location: Cincinnati, OH
Detailed Job Description-
The data engineer designs and builds platforms, tools, and solutions that help to manage, secure, and generate value from its data. The person in this role creates scalable and reusable solutions for gathering, collecting, storing, processing, and serving data on both small and very large scales. These solutions can include on-premise and cloud-based data platforms, and solutions in any of the following domains ETL, business intelligence, analytics, persistence (relational, NoSQL, data lakes), search, messaging, data warehousing, stream processing, and machine learning.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the internal risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Responsible for design, development, and support of data solutions, APIs, tools, and processes to enable rapid delivery of business capabilities.
- Work closely with IT application teams, Enterprise architecture, infrastructure, information security, and LOB stakeholders to translate business and technical strategies into data-driven solutions.
- Act as a technical expert addressing problems related to system and application design, performance, integration, security, etc.
- Conduct research and development based on current trends and technologies related to the banking industry, data engineering and architecture, data security, and related topics.
- Work with developers to Build CI/CD pipelines, Self-service Build tools, and automated deployment processes.
- Provide support and troubleshooting for data platforms.
- Participate in the planning process for hardware and software.
- Plan and work on internal projects as needed, including legacy system replacement, monitoring and analytics improvements, tool development, and technical documentation.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring for other team members.
- Manage and prioritize multiple assignments.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills And Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to communicate ideas both verbally and in writing to management, business and IT sponsors, and technical resources in language that is appropriate for each group.
- At least 6 years of related experience, including at least 4 years in a hands-on data engineering role.
- Proficient in SQL
- Experience in Data Movement Tools: NiFi, Denodo Data Virtualization, Real-time data processing: Kafka, Database: Snowflake, Data Engineering, Data Architecture Methodologies: Agile, API design and development.
- Proficient in relational database modeling concepts and techniques.
- Solid conceptual understanding of data engineering principles.
- Financial industry experience is a plus.