Trim Associate- 2nd Shift10/02/2022 ● Wapakoneta, Ohio ● NA
Location: Wapakoneta, Ohio
Position: Trim Associate
Pay rate: $17.50 plus Attendance Bonus
The Trim associate is an entry level direct labor manufacturing position responsible for inspection of the product and following all work instructions related to trim.
Duties and responsibilities
- Knowledge of safety rules and that work area MUST be kept clean always.
- Knowledge of Supervisor
- Ability to operate trim press, hand file, grinder
- Knows proper PPE (face shield when using a grinder)
- Knows their work instructions and their location
- Knowledge of defect recognition and the proper scrap codes of those defects
- Ability to communicate any scrap issues with the casting department
- Ability to maintain efficient operation of the trim press (PM's, oiling as needed)
- Properly disposition product
- Ability to gage or check product quality as required in control plan
- Understands all accidents and incidents are to be reported at the time of occurrence
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Diploma or GED required, other technical experience a plus
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
- Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of him/her or others.
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws, policies, and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violation to appropriate management personnel.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance as determined by company.
- Must be regularly available to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, or such other hours per day or per week as are necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
- Must be available and willing to work such overtime as is necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
Working conditions and environment
Extensive exposure to foundry/manufacturing environment with exposure to high noise, heat, hazards moving equipment, and molten metal. Use of protective equipment to protect eyes, feet, ears and potential burn areas are required.
Normal equipment used
Routine exposure of plant manufacturing equipment, forklift, gages, and basic maintenance tools, electronic scales, manual pallet jacks, computers, service carts and small hand tools