Cast Operator 2nd shift10/02/2022 ● Wapakoneta, Ohio ● NA
The Cast associate is an introduction to direct labor manufacturing position which involves performing many functions within the casting department. Those functions include but are not limited to following your work instructions to produce a high-quality casting for our customer.
- Fill tags out properly when required
- Completes productivity report correctly and neatly
- Read and understand work instructions and their location
- Comprehends defect recognition course and scrap code identification
- Ability to complete a cast machine stack up correctly
- Comprehension of safe mold entry (hydraulic key and die stand)
- Knowledge of cast machine operation
- Ability to deposition product, identify the cast related defects and complete appropriate corrective actions needed
- Understands basic and proper mold coating
- Performs safe torch operation
- Understands procedure of a metal fill
- Demonstrates ability to stop a spill
- Understands and performs basic die maintenance
- Other Duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Diploma or GED required, other technical experience a plus
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, experience in casting is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
- Basic computer skills with excel knowledge
- Must obtain cast certification
- Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of him/her or others.
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws, policies, and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violation to appropriate management personnel.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance as determined by company.
- Must be regularly available to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, or such other hours per day or per week as are necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
Working conditions and environment
Extensive exposure to foundry/manufacturing environment with exposure to high noise, heat, hazards moving equipment, and molten metal. Use of protective equipment to protect eyes, feet, ears and potential burn areas are required.
Normal equipment used
Routine exposure of plant manufacturing equipment, forklift, gages, and basic maintenance tools, electronic scales, manual pallet jacks, computers, service carts and small hand tools